Architecture and Design
Architecture and 3D Design
Exam Type: Linear 2 year A-Level
Exam Board: Edexcel
- This course is suitable for anyone who has enjoyed and studied any of the following subjects or areas; Art, Design & Technology Graphics, Design and Technology Resistant Materials. It is expected that students will have achieved a Grade 5 or better in these courses. It is possible to take this course if you have not studied these subjects but you will need a lot of determination and self-motivation and some proof of your design ability in the form of a small portfolio which must be shown to Mrs Saville before you can be accepted onto the course.
- An A level Architecture and 3D Design course will see you explore a range of contemporary and traditional design and making techniques, including model making and CAD/CAM. Through this course you’ll develop transferable skills, such as problem solving, communication and critical thinking skills, which will prepare you for further study or the world of work, regardless of the subject or career you wish to pursue.
- You will broaden your knowledge through the study of scale modelling with a variety of materials and Computer Aided Design and rendering. Human factors and functional design alongside creative outcomes will see you develop sophisticated ideas. Ideas will be further refined through studying the work of designers and architects. You will cultivate independence of mind in developing, refining and communicating your own ideas, your own intentions and your own personal outcomes.
- It’s worth noting, St Edward’s Academy is the only centre in Havering and surrounding boroughs to offer this up-to-date and exciting A level.
- By practical examination and coursework
- Personal Investigation Coursework 60%
- Practical exam 40%
- Architecture, Construction, Interior Design, Set Design, Product Design and other design related degree courses.